RYCV Off the Beach
Of the Beach Sailing Sailing At Royals
Great sailing careers begin with a solid grounding in off the beach classes such as International Cadets, Lasers or 29ers. Royals OTB operates from a separate facility within the grounds of the RYCV. The club caters for children of all ages with regular sail training and racing activities in a variety of dinghy classes. The club also assists promising juniors to attend major regattas, including national and world championship events.
Tuning Guide, Sailing Tips
- New sailors welcome. Arrive at 11am with sailing gear if you are hoping for a ride. There's almost always room on a crash boat if all the cadets are fully crewed
- 2013/14 Season coaching:
- Ben Guenther is the new coach starting in 2014
- We will charge $13 per participant (i.e. $26 per boat) per day. This rate is subsidised by the Club. Charges will be billed to Cadet's club accounts unless we are advised that you want to do something different. No change since 2011/12 pricing
- Boats need to be rigged by 09:30 on coaching days.
Some articles from handouts, if you know who prepared them - please let me know
Some great articles by Tony Bull, published in Australian Sailing (your YA membership will allow you to get a discounted subscription to this magazine!)
The club now has cadets available to charter for the 2014 - 2015 season.
Charter and storage of club Cadet: $147.00 per season.
- Storage of your own Cadet: ~$147.00.
For all Cadet inquiries contact
- Tim Olding 0402 933 964
- David Johnson 0477 324 439
International Cadet Class revised class rules introduced in 2009. Click Here.
For further International Cadet Class information see the following....
- International Cadet Association -> www.cadetclass.org
- Victorian 6th fleet -> www.viccadet.yachting.org.au